Thursday, March 8, 2012

Word Reiki: Chakra Writing

From the beginning: I was sitting in the shower (yes, I sit sometimes) thinking about how blogs differ, and how writers choose their content, and ultimately: what sense do I want to portray in my blog writing?

I had a thought: I immediately started looking at some of the blogs I follow, and aligning them with a specific Chakra - to see if it was doable. It works.

Not to say that these women (yes, all women here so far) don't blog from a multitude of sources and/or resources, it is just the overall sense I've gathered having followed, and possibly conversed with them in some way. I do hope to add to this post over time, this is just the very beginnings of this exploration. And I will be including some beautiful imagery I have already dreamed up. Stay tuned... oh yeah! (Accountability, no?)


So! Next time you are in need of some Word-Reiki, align your needs with these (and other) Chakra Writers... and feel your energy begin to flow. xo


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Sahasrara 
(Crown Chakra)
Pure Consciousness: Sahasrara's inner aspect deals with the release of karma, physical action with meditation, mental action with universal consciousness and unity, and emotional action with "beingness".*

Amy Oscar "I am a Soul Caller – a human being, emerging into the flow, aligning with and connected to Source, feet firmly planted on the ground."


Ajna
(Third Eye Chakra) 
 Ajna's inner aspect relates to the access of intuition. Mentally, Ajna deals with visual consciousness. Emotionally, Ajna deals with clarity on an intuitive level.*

Picsie Chick at Photos You Feel "....where small things of beauty are held up for you to see, virtually every day."


Vishuddha
(Throat Chakra)
 Relating to communication and growth through expression: Physically, Vishuddha governs communication, emotionally it governs independence, mentally it governs fluent thought, and spiritually, it governs a sense of security.*


Ronna Detrick "I help women tell the truth. It's hard. It's risky. It matters!"


Anahata
(Heart Chakra)
Key issues involving Anahata involve complex emotions, compassion, tenderness, unconditional love, equilibrium, rejection and well-being. Physically Anahata governs circulation, emotionally it governs unconditional love for the self and others, mentally it governs passion, and spiritually it governs devotion.*

Julie Daley at Unabashedly Female "Do all of what you do with the great love that you are."


Manipura
(Solar Plexus Chakra)
Key issues governed by Manipura are issues of personal power, fear, anxiety, opinion-formation, introversion, and transition from simple or base emotions to complex. Physically, Manipura governs digestion, mentally it governs personal power, emotionally it governs expansiveness, and spiritually, all matters of growth.*

Wholly Jeanne at The Barefoot Heart "Stories help me make sense of things, so whether telling them in cloth, clay, or chirography, stories are my oxygen, characters my blood."


Swadisthana 
(Sacral Chakra)
The key issues involving Swadisthana are relationships, violence, addictions, basic emotional needs, and pleasure. Physically, Swadisthana governs reproduction, mentally it governs creativity, emotionally it governs joy, and spiritually it governs enthusiasm.*

Kelly Diels at Cleavage "Cleavage is about sex, money and meaning and how those intersecting realities shape our ideas and our lives. I’m talking about intimate, mundane, thinky, cosmic stuff."

Michelle Lisenbury Christensen at Loving with Power "...take me up on this dare: pour your passion into your monogamous relationship, demand that it excite and nourish you as much as any affair or adventure, and let yourself be transformed by the process." 

Heather Plett at Sophia Leadership  "At Sophia Leadership, we explore creativity, leadership, spirituality, and community and the many ways they intersect."


Muladhara
(Root Chakra)
Muladhara is related to instinct, security, survival and also to basic human potentiality. Physically, Muladhara governs sexuality, mentally it governs stability, emotionally it governs sensuality, and spiritually it governs a sense of security.*

Dominique Browning at Slow Life Love "The thing is, I want to feel vulnerable. I want to be open. I don't mind feeling a bit lost, adrift, I tell myself. I just don't want to be buffeted around. I want grounding. So what's bothering me? That's when it hit me: I've slowly, insidiously, carelessly, lost my regular practice of Slow Love." 

Jenn Gibson and the Tribe at Roots of She "This is a gathering place made for connecting with other women who are walking along this path beside you."



Happy International Women's Day!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

My final thoughts:
This was a Labour of Love (click for some Frente tunage!) and appreciation for the aforementioned lovelies who continue to inspire me daily, as well as answer a few of the callings in the song I've linked. Thank you for sharing your wonderful gifts... with me, and the entire world.


*All definitions were taken from this wiki link: Chakra. All excerpts of each writer (or tribe) were quoted directly from their sites, to which I've linked. Enjoy!!!

UPDATED: 03/10/2012 - "Chakras" image (no, this is not my dreamed up imagery just yet) and the inclusion of Sophia Leadership.
_ _ _ _ _

Do you see what I'm on to here? Do you wish to add your blog to a certain Chakra list? Would you categorize any of these writers differently? Should I add a section of lovely writers that just don't fit the mold I've created? Please let me know your thoughts and feelings, including those of you I've included! This was really a really fun project for me to explore; thank you!

13 comments:

  1. Sera,

    I can see how we all align with each chakra at some point in time, and I also see how clearly these writers do align with the chakra you've matched them to. I'm honored to be included.

    Which chakra would you align your blog with?

    Love,Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Julie for being a part of this inspiration! I'm so happy to include you.

    You know... @heatherplett got me thinking... because I can't quite pin down her blog, http://sophialeadership.com/ either. But as a reader, it feels like her blog always speaks to my Sacral Chakra. That made me think: maybe this observation is more related to what the reader gets from it as opposed to where "the writer" is writing from. Does that make sense?

    For me? Well, I haven't concluded on this one just yet! I write from my heart and I relate to your heart stories no matter how intimate the emotion may feel. I have to get it out or it wears on me. I would 'guess' it aligns best with the Heart Chakra. But I think the answer may actually lie in the readers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I'm pretty certain this is a combination of both writer influence and reader's response. It's in your own words after all! xo

      Delete
  3. Oh, Sugar, this is beautiful. I feel so seen . . . and so very, very honored to have connected with you and to be included in this powerful group of women. I never thought of looking at blogs and their creators this way. It's enkindling. Thank you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you enjoyed it as much as I did! I can't wait to continue to play with this idea, work with my chakra energy, and continue to develop my blog with all these Ah-mazing women to inspire me (yes, you)!!!

      Delete
  4. What a stunning picture of resonance in action. I am absolutely blown away, and so honored, by this. What an idea! Thank you for including me in such beautiful company.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the inspiration may have stemmed from Ronna Detrick's Sunday Service call you were on... why pick just one 'source' when we can utilize something from them all across the board!

      Thank you for your presence and inspiration, Amy.

      Delete
  5. Sera: This is stunningly beautiful - the way you've honored each of us; but more, the way in which you've shown the chorus and unity of women as something all-inclusive, all-powerful, and all-encompassing.

    I am honored to be a part of what you've seen, articulated, and blessed. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The world is always telling me something, Ronna, just like you say! I was once told (by a clairvoyant) to listen closely, really listen closely and I might be surprised by the things that I hear... I think I'm finally starting to figure out what she meant.

      Thank you for your presence here. <3

      Delete
  6. Oh, Sera, I am so honoured to be here, so humbled that my camera and I can embody the third eye. This is a beautiful, rich and amazing idea that is sure to be the seed for many many more ideas. So beautiful!

    Hugs and butterflies,
    ~Teresa~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you also described it as "an amazing rainbow of powerful and beautiful women". I am so honored to be here in all of your presence, inspired to this vision. Thank YOU, Teresa. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so thrilled to see these women honored. And, I'm looking at the ones that I don't know well as signs of which chakras I should pay more attention to.
    Thank you so much for doing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed this as much as I did. It was truly fun for me, and I hope to add to this theory and watch it grow. Thank you for your presence here. xo

      Delete